Monday, March 26, 2012

Dare Devil

      As I, the worried mother, sit and watches K, the ten month old, holding on to the chair while he watches his brother play across the room.  As the little guy inches closer to his brother while holding on to the chair he smiles and lets go of the chair.  He takes three steps without any help then falls face first.  Mommy just sits and waits for the scream, instead she gets a big smile as he crawls after his brother. 
    Ten minutes later later the little guy tries again.  He pulls himself up on the couch and waits for Da Da to pick him up, when Da Da walks by he lets go of the couch and takes four steps without assistance.  This time Da Da caught him before he hit the floor, but K still looks up with a big smile of look what I can do. 
   This continued all evening.  I can say I am not ready for this step, but it doesn't matter what I am ready for.  It is all about what K is ready to do.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, they go so fast. I remember reading a memoir where the author says that with her first it seemed as though he would be a baby forever, but with the second it seemed like babyhood disappeared in the blink of an eye. So true! Exciting times for K, and maybe a little bittersweet for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this peek into this precious time of life, where you begin to see their character develop and relationships between siblings. So sweet! My son was rather cautious and it reminds me of a story. I think I'll blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is walking already?? He was such a little thing when I held him at the pool last summer. Love that he smiles for his successes.

    ReplyDelete