Thursday, March 7, 2013

6 Year Old's Book Recommendation

   Since Q has entered kindergarten, we have read so many new books.   Q is starting to develop his own reading style.  We went from just grabbing whatever book on display at the library to looking for the "best" books. 
    On Tuesday, we made our weekly stop at the library to discover the new treasures they have to offer.  This time we spent the time looking for books by Mo Williams and Dr. Seuss.  The excitement on his face as we found a new book by Mo William was enough to get me excited.

 
  Here are a few recommendations from a six year old.


  
 
Great for a little giggle.


8 comments:

  1. You know that a reader has come into his own when preferences take hold. Congrats, and thanks for the recommendations! Maybe there's a blog in his future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book of these books are PHENOMENAL! Q has great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your 6 year-old is starting to make recommendations! My first graders love Mo, too. If he's ready to branch out, Jan Thomas is also very popular and has the same humor as Mo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just makes me smile to think of your special six year old Q picking out books to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad he is a fan of MO! He has great taste.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mo! Your son has excellent taste! My four year old daughter and my kindergarten students are all huge fans of Mo also. Our favorite at school is an Elephant and Piggie book called "I Am Invited To A Party" -- if Q hasn't read it yet...check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first graders LOVE Mo Willems. I love that Piggie and Elephant are accessible to almost all my readers, and really encourage dynamic, fluent reading. Particularly if they are read aloud first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great book taste! I bet he would love one of Mo's newest, Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete