Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Day!!!!

    When I got the call this morning that we had a snow day I felt like a kid!  As a teacher, I think I get just as excited for the unexpected day off.  Although, I was not quite as excited when K, the 22 month old, woke me up at 6:30.  I tried to get him to crawl in bed and go back to sleep, but he just wanted to jump on the bed and not sleep. 
    So, our day began at 6:45.  We had breakfast, showers, cleaned the house, and I finished my 10 page paper for my masters all before lunch.  I felt productive! Then came the relaxation and fun.
    K went off to a nap, while Q, daddy, and I watched some TV and napped.  Q then decided he wanted his Uncle Jas to come play in the snow and build a snowman (mommy is no good at building snowmen). Once the plans were made he couldn't wait to see his uncle.  We had to wait two hours before he was going to be here.  When Q heard the knock at the door, he was surprised to find his Memaw and Uncle Jeremy (Uncle Jas got held up with his puppy).  So, we all bundled up like the stay puff marshmallow man and ran outside for the fun.

K sledding down the giant mound of snow

Q crawling through the hole Uncle Jeremy dug in the
mound of snow

What is more fun than sledding?

Q wanted us to bury him in the snow


3 comments:

  1. that is so funny Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow days are the best! Glad you were able to get lots of stuff finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I think the NW will miss snow this year. And I am so envious...just one day...the call for no school. Thank you for allowing me to experience a snow day through your eyes.
    Great job on the 10 page paper by noon!

    ReplyDelete